The School of Social Work’s Board of Advisors serves to establish and support new relationships and strengthen long-standing ties between the school and business leaders, community organizations, elected officials and community stakeholders.
Members of the board serve as ambassadors for the school and the University of Georgia in their workplaces and communities. Members educate community leaders and the public about the exciting and impactful work of the school. By giving their time, energy and financial support they build vital support for the school and for social work.
- Ken Chrzanowski (MED 1989), senior business development officer, Georgia United Credit Union, Duluth, Ga.
- Katheryn B. Davis (MSW ’70), assistant professor emerita, UGA School of Social Work, Athens, Ga.
- Spencer Frye (BS Psychology ’14), director, Athens Habitat for Humanity, and state legislature representative, District 118, Athens, Ga.
- Extriara Gates (MSW ’11), psychotherapist, owner of Lavendar Grove Psychotherapy, Atlanta, Ga.
- Mamie Harper (BSW ’09), executive director and founder, Carrie’s Closet, Atlanta, Ga.
- Rachelle “Shelly” Hutchinson (MSW ’00), director, Social Empowerment Center, and state legislature representative, District 107, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- David Meyers (MSW ’96), public service associate, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, Athens, Ga.
- Chip Morris (MSW ’91) founder, A Strong Hand Up, Monroe, Ga.
- Laurence Nelson (MSW ’09), director, training and development, Georgia Division of Family and Children Services, Fayetteville, Ga.
- Ed Risler (BSW’77, MSW’82, PhD’98), professor emeritus, UGA School of Social Work, Athens, Ga.
- Rob Trevena (AB ’82), retired director of Athens-Clarke County Housing and Community Development, Athens, Ga.
- Kathy Anderson (BBA ’80)
- Lawanna Barron (MSW ’91)
- Thomas Bomar Edmonds (MSW ’69)
- Alton Gregory (MSW ’71)
- Bobby Robbins (MSW ’73)
- Carl Edward “Eddie” Roland (MSW ’71)