The School of Social Work’s Board of Advisors serves to establish and support new relationships and strengthen long-standing ties between the school and business leaders, community organizations, elected officials and community stakeholders.
Members of the board serve as ambassadors for the school and the University of Georgia in their workplaces and communities. Members educate community leaders and the public about the exciting and impactful work of the school. By giving their time, energy and financial support they build vital support for the school and for social work.
- Kathy Anderson (BBA 1980) founder, Democracy in Action, an advocacy group focusing on political competency and knowledge.
- Ken Chrzanowski (MED 1989) Georgia United Credit Union
- Katheryn B. Davis (MSW ’70), Assistant Professor Emerita, UGA School of Social Work, Athens, Ga.
- Spencer Frye (BS psychology ’14), director, Athens Habitat for Humanity, and state legislature representative, State House District 118.
- Rachelle “Shelly” Hutchinson (MSW ’00), director, Social Empowerment Center, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- David Meyers (MSW ’96) Public Service Associate, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, Athens, Ga.
- Chip Morris (MSW ’91) founder, A Strong Hand Up, an offender education company providing classes for courts that are effective, accessible and affordable.
- Bobby Robbins (MSW ’73), retired, Gwinnett Rockdale Newton Community Service Board; Tiger, Ga.
- Lawanna Barron (MSW ’91)
- Thomas Bomar Edmonds (MSW ’69)
- Alton Gregory (MSW ’71)
- Carl Edward “Eddie” Roland (MSW ’71)