This page provides School of Social Work faculty, staff and students with the latest updates and resources for school operations during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please visit this page regularly for current information.
NOTE: Links from this website to sites not under the jurisdiction of the University System of Georgia do not constitute an endorsement by the University System of Georgia, the University of Georgia, or by any USG or UGA personnel of the information or products presented at those sites.
For the most current information about COVID-19 and campus operations, visit the University of Georgia coronavirus website.
April 21 updates: Student Self Care, Teaching, Community/La Communidad, How to Help
- April 15: KEPRO: USG Employee Assistance Program
- April 15: Remote well-being: Getting active (USG)
- April 15: Physical activities (USG)
- Added March 18: Voicemail information for working remotely
- Added March 18: Campus Mail & Receiving Services Update
- Added March 19: FAQ on Technology Availability for COVID-19 Contingency Planning
- Added March 26: Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities mental health-related resources
- Added March 27: Free COVID-19 virtual screenings
- April 8: Resources for Faculty, Staff and Students
- Added March 23: Zoom video conferencing
- Added March 24: Zoom Tips from CAES OIT
- Added March 26: How to Keep the Party Crashers from Crashing Your Zoom Event
Updated April 16: SSW Resources for Faculty & Staff: Teaching Resources
- March 27: For updates on School of Social Work research operations impacted by COVID-19, please visit the School of Social Work Research web page.
- April 1: For updates on UGA research operations impacted by COVID-19, please visit COVID-19: Research Operations at University of Georgia.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Center for Social Justice, Human and Civil Rights is providing fact sheets and links to information for our community partners. Please visit the Center’s COVID-19 Community Resources web page (updated April 21) to find links to information on COVID-19 and behavioral health resources, particularly for vulnerable groups such as children, the elderly, non-English speakers and others.
En respuesta a la pandemia de COVID-19, el Centro de Justicia Social, Derechos Humanos y Civiles está proporcionando recursos para nuestros socios comunitarios. Mire a continuación para encontrar información sobre COVID-19 y recursos de salud del comportamiento (actualizado el 21 de abril), particularmente para grupos vulnerables como niños, ancianos, personas que no hablan inglés y otros.
- Added March 27: How to Stand Up for Others (Tasha Rube, LMSW)
- Added March 27: COVID-19 and Reducing Stigma (CDC)
- Added March 27: COVID-19 Volunteer Coordination for Athens-Clarke County (GivePulse at UGA)
- Added March 27: Georgia Responds (Georgia Department of Public Health volunteer programs)
- Added March 30: Call for Mental Health First Aid Volunteers (Georgia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities)
- Added March 30: Voices for Georgia’s Children: COVID-19-agency-response
- Added March 30: Tasks for Managers in Responding to Mental Health Needs During Social Distancing or Quarrantine
- April 10: School of Social Work Student Emergency Fund
- April 10: UGA Coronavirus Emergency Support Fund
- April 10: Ten Ways to Love Athens in Troubling Times
- April 10: COVID-19 volunteer opportunities in Athens, GA (GivePulse)
- April 10: Coronavirus: 9 ways to help doctors, nurses and hospital workers right now
- April 10: COVID-19 relief fund (Athens Area Community Foundation and United Way of Athens)
- April 10: Supplies for Athens area nonprofits (The Athens Backpack Project)
- April 10: Blessing Bags needed (Our Daily Bread)
- April 10: Hygiene supplies, asset-mapping tools, community organizer with crisis management skills, and a community grant writer (East Athens Development Corporation)
- April 10: Donations for public food bank and animal shelter (Athens Clarke County Animal Services Shelter)
- April 10: Athens area mask-making groups
- April 10: Mask-making for Athens (Athens Banner Herald news)
- April 10: Mask-Making for Athens (Facebook group page created March 21)
- April 10: Fuel Up CCSD (Clarke County School District food services program)
- April 10: Food (Food Bank of Northeast Georgia)
- April 10: Athens Area Homeless Shelter wish list
- April 10: COVID-19 Virtual Design Sprint (UGA Innovation District, April 13 – May 18)
- April 15: How to fight bias against Asian Americans during COVID-19 (CNN)
- April 15: Donate to Athens’ Homeless Services (UGA College of Public Health)
- April 15: Bigger Vision of Athens
- April 15: Our Daily Bread Community Kitchen
- April 15: How to Help (FEMA)
- April 15: Corona Comfort (podcast)
- April 16: Spot, Stop and Support (How to recognize signs of abuse online) (Georgia Division of Family & Children Services)
- April 16: How to recognize the signs of child abuse and neglect, your legal obligations, and how to make a report. (Pro Solutions Training, Georgia Division of Family & Children Services)
- April 21: Athens Community Council on Aging