The UGA School of Social Work Online Graduate Assistantship Application System for the 2021-2022 academic year opened September 22, 2020 and closes February 19, 2021.
NOTE: By completing the online application, you acknowledge that you have read all information on this page and that you understand the information provided, and acknowledge the terms and conditions.
- The deadline for submitting an application to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship for the 2021-2022 academic year is February 19, 2021. Applications cannot be submitted after this deadline, and late applications will not be considered.
- The Online Application System will generate an email to you when you submit your application. Be sure to save that email in a secure place
- Graduate Assistantship decisions are made on the basis of academic performance and financial need for students with full-time status.
- Students who are awarded School of Social Work Graduate Assistantships are required to provide 13 hours per week of assistance to designated faculty and/or administrative staff. In return, tuition is reduced to $25, whether in or out-of-state, and the additional compensation totals approximately $12,592 per year.
- If you are awarded a Graduate Assistantship, based on University and SSW parameters, you will not be eligible to receive other SSW funding through Title IV-E, the SDS program, the DBHDD program, or the HRSA program. You may apply for multiple sources of SSW funding, however, once decisions are made, you are eligible to accept funding through only one of those sources.
If you have questions prior to completing your assistantship application please submit them in writing to email@example.com
Pauline M. Berger Memorial Assistantship
The Pauline M. Berger Memorial Assistantship was established by Dr. Israel R. Berger on June 12, 2002 in memory of Pauline M. Berger, a former professor in the School. This award promotes teaching, research and service in the area of family and child welfare via an assistantship with the Berger Professorship.