The UGA School of Social Work Online Graduate Assistantship Application System will be open beginning September 15, 2023, and will close on January 15, 2024.
All prospective applicants must read all of the information on this Web page carefully prior to completing the application online**. By completing the online application, you thereby acknowledge that you have read this information and that you understand the information provided, and acknowledge the terms and conditions.
- The deadline for submitting an application to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship for the 2024-2025 academic year is January 15, 2024. Applications cannot be submitted after this deadline, and late applications will not be considered.
- The Online Application System will generate an email to you when you submit your application. Be sure to save that email in a secure place.
- Graduate Assistantship decisions are made on the basis of academic performance and financial need for students with full-time status.
- If a student is awarded a School of Social Work Graduate Assistantships, they will be required to provide 13 hours per week of assistance to designated faculty and/or administrative staff. In return, tuition is reduced to $25, whether in or out-of-state, and the additional compensation totals approximately $13,754 per year.
- If you are awarded a Graduate Assistantship, based on University and SSW parameters, you will not be eligible to receive other SSW funding through Title IV-E, the SDS program, the DBHDD program, or the HRSA program. You may apply for multiple sources of SSW funding, however, once decisions are made, you are eligible to accept funding through only one of those sources.
If you have questions prior to completing your assistantship application please submit them in writing to email@example.com
** Suggested Environment to access the Graduate Assistantship Application:
- The online system runs best on the latest supported versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers. It does not run optimally on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
- The system should be accessed via a desktop or laptop computer. It is not compatible with mobile devices or tablets. Both Windows and Mac operating systems are compatible.